NOTE: This updated was originally released as SDL BaccS. Now renamed as SDL Trados Business Manager. The Desktop version referred to in here is no longer made available for purchase.
This topic provides an overview of the new features, enhancements and other changes introduced in version 5.0.1 of SDL Trados Business Manager Desktop/Team/Team Online.
- Rebuilt the application to work with .NET Framework 4.7
Note: Please check that you have this platform installed before updating.
- Updated localization for all languages and added support for Japanese. The SDL Trados Business Manager Desktop and SDL Trados Business Manager Web version user interface is available in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian and Spanish.
- All versions of SDL Trados Business Manager have been updated to use the SafeNet licensing system.
Please read the following article carefully - it explains the new licensing approach and how to transition to a new license.
Articles on how to install and license the new versions of SDL Trados Business Manager can be found here: https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/sdl-SDL Trados Business Manager/w/wiki/4690/licensing-installation
- Removed free license availability for ProZ.com Plus subscribers.
Note: If you use SDL Trados Business Manager as ProZ.com Plus package subscriber, after updating to version 5, the application will switch to demo mode, as free license is not provided to Plus subscribers anymore. You can continue to use SDL Trados Business Manager for free with any previous version (last release of version 4), or you need a new license for version 5.
- Added the possibility to have multiple settings for importing data from CAT tools
These settings allow the user to control the type of import (average or all matches), source units (words or characters), unit conversion options, etc. Current settings can be selected on a global level (in the application's settings), on a customer and contractor level, and on the level of individual translation projects and jobs. The list of settings can be found in Reference data > Analysis import settings. Having such settings allows the user to quickly switch between different groups of settings, depending on a project or a customer.
- Application settings
- Added a PO number variable for the invoice file name on the Invoice settings tab.
- Added a Default PO template setting on the Translation assignments tab.
- Enhancement in support of hi-res monitors. Added an option to Use DirectX under Settings > Application settings, p1 tab. This ensures support for a graphics card to render the application UI. Especially useful on large high-resolution monitors.
- Updated product and community links. Updated links to the official SDL Trados website and SDL Community forums throughout the application.
- Integration to SDL Trados Studio.
- Improved file/package handling. When creating an email message to a contractor or a customer, and if the current project/job is linked with a Trados Studio project, SDL Trados Business Manager will add project packages or files to the file attachments window. Here, they can be optionally added to a created message (directly or as zip archive).
- Translation project status change. We implemented auto status correction of projects depending on the status of included translation jobs. Now, project status can automatically change to 'In work', 'Finished', 'Delivered' or 'Closed', when all jobs are in the processing state, finished, delivered or paid, respectively.
- Changed behavior for creating translation assignment. Selecting Create translation assignment now automatically creates one assignment for all unassigned tasks, while a separate drop-down button is available to open an options menu.
- Fix to the time tracker. Fixed an unwanted time tracker behavior which in some cases could reset the value to zero when the PC enters sleep mode.
- New variable for PO number. Added a new variable, PO Number, in the application settings supporting default invoice file names.
- Hiding archived contractors. When selecting a contractor the list in the drop-down menu automatically hides archived contractors.
- Automated assignment status update. When creating a message with a Purchase Order, the assignment is automatically marked as Sent (In work).
- Customer contact fields. Added two new fields to the Customer Contact data: Other messaging app 1 and Other messaging app 2.
- Contractor fields. Added two new fields to the Contractor data: Other messaging app 1 and Other messaging app 2.
- Contractor options. Added the Default PO template setting to the Contractor options.
- Enhanced audit trail in the mail sender. Added the possibility to link a message sent with the Translation project (new field in the 'Linked documents' tab).
- Enhanced data availability in the mail sender. Added the possibility to reference a new group of variables - Translation project (includes the following variables: ProjectNumber, ProjectDate. ProjectTerm, ProjectCustomer, ProjectCustomerContact, ProjectName, ProjectSpecialization, ProjectPO, ProjectSourceLanguage, ProjectTargetLanguages, ProjectTotalAmount, ProjectTotalAmountCurrency, ProjectAverageVolume).
- Smart file attacher. When creating a mail message from any entity (job, assignment, project) the logic behind attaching files has been enhanced. Now the program does not miss files from nested documents. For example, when you create a message from a translation assignment the file selection dialog will offer to attach files added to a base translation project.
- Misc. enhancements to the file management process. File manager in translation jobs, translation projects and quotes (for viewing local files):
- improved tool bar, which is now incorporated into the Folder field
- added a new button to create a folder in the local hard drive without opening it in Windows Explorer
- fixed a bug when folders were sometimes created with leading spaces in their names
- Enhanced audit trail for modified projects/jobs. The internal notification text now includes the customer name of a corresponding project/job and the name of the user who modified an entity.
- New categorization feature in the QuickReports list. Added the possibility to categorize reports using a new Change category option. It allows the user to assign/erase a category for selected reports. This category can then be used to filter out unwanted reports and group lists by categories to find the necessary reports more efficiently.
- Dashboard configuration screen - Error on applying changes when the list of widgets has widgets with identical names.
- Export/Import mechanism - Better processing of the Payment methods entity field for invoices to avoid the possible creation of duplicates.
- Mail sender - Fixed a bug when trying to send a message from an incorrectly provided email address (for example, 'myname@').
- Estimated amount calculation - Fixed a bug when calculating the estimated amount under translation assignment when the 'Candidate' column is empty.
- 'Apply time' bug - Fixed a bug when selecting 'Apply time in the 'Job tasks' table.
- Message view bug - Translation project > Mail messages tab - table only showed messages from nested jobs and assignments, but not from translation project itself.
- Payment save error - When saving a payment that includes a lot of invoices (more than 30) an error message could appear.
- Fixed a bug in the file selector when creating a mail message - The list of files is grouped by source with the first group selected by default. If you left this selection without selecting any files and selected OK, the message creation would be cancelled. With this fix the new message is still created, but without attaching any files.
- Folder naming issues - Fixed a bug with default folders created inside the project folder. In some cases the system could add a space before folder names.
- Web version - Added the possibility to export/import custom reports and templates in .repx format.