Lists (tables) are the most used component in the application. This is an accounting and managing software, used to maintain some information and store it in the database, which is inevitable linked with tables.
In this application you are working with tables. You can also view reports, print documents, send e-mails, do some other stuff, but anyway all of these operations are performed in tables.
Since SDL Trados Business Manager is built all around tables, it is recommended to carefully read all articles from this section.
Let us start with editing modes. To open a row for editing (or viewing, depending on a table), double click on a row or click Edit icon in the first column.
Depending on a current list, you will be moved to a detail view, or editing form will be opened as a modal dialog.
To finish editing in the modal dialog, click OK. Please notice that data won't be save until you click Save or Save and close in the main editing form.
In each list, toolbar contains some default buttons and context-depending buttons. Default buttons are:
- New. Allows to create a new entity.
- Clone. Allows to create a new entity by cloning currently selected entity.
- Edit. Allows to edit currently selected entity.
- Delete. Deletes currently selected entity after confirmation (provided that it is allowed to do).
- Filter. Allows to filter current list using one of previously saved filters. See nested article for details.
- Export. Allows to save currently displayed rows into one of supported formats (PDF, Word, Excel).
- Excel export/import. Allows to export or import selected data to Excel.
Each list displays 10 rows at a time by default. You can change this setting and it will be saved for a currently viewed list.
Click on the column header to sort by a column.