Bathes preprocessing error

Hello,

I got a problem with one file that constantly (when uploaded by other names) gets an Machine Translation erron on preprocessing stage:

Trados Studio project dashboard showing an error in Machine Translation for file 'r03v3.docx' in Batch 7.

I have been working with Trados Studio 2022 since almost a year, and never had this problem before. The file I try to upload and preprocess does not differ from othe files I usually upload.

Are there any file properties, characters in text or anything else what may cause such errors?

Best Regards,

Lech Lachowski   

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 10:13 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
emoji
  •   

Have you checked the Task History tab to see more details regarding the error?

It could be that your Included/Free Machine Translation allowance has been reached. 

You can check it as shown in this article: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000013218

Hope it helps. 

Radu

emoji
  •   

I checked my MTs character limits, and they have not been reached. I can upload further files, and they are processing just fine.

Unfortunately, the parsing of one of the files (even though it does not differ from the others in either format or content type) still ends in an error, or alternatively, if the file is finally opened after some time, it is not pre-translated and even manually restarting the pre-translation task has no effect.I cannot populate it with pre-translation in any known way.

I've already tried to load the file 5 times, and because the cloud doesn't allow you to delete files (which is at least strange that such functionality isn't available), I have a huge mess of files. Deleting or renaming files in the cloud does not affect what Trados Studio 2022 pulls in, and I still have all these files in the list and their names remain unchanged, so I have several files with the same name .... and now I guess I have to guess which is which.

emoji
  •   

In addition, it is inconvenient that due to the impossibility of deleting files whose processing ended with an error, all the time in the notifications return messages about these errors. Simply cancelling these files in the cloud project does nothing. As long as I do not have the ability to delete these files I will continue to receive these messages, unless I delete the entire project again, which is a pointless solution.

Aside from the fact that it's not clear where the processing error on one of the files is coming from and how to deal with it, I think that in future releases or updates it's really worth considering giving the administrator permission to delete files from cloud projects in case there are processing errors or other problems with uploaded files.

emoji
  •   

Is there any idea how to deal with this error of processing one of the files or what at most can cause it? As I mentioned the file does not differ from the other loaded and correctly processed files, neither in terms of format (.docx), text formatting, content or length (the number of characters is quite similar in each file).

I use three MT: Language Weaver, Amazon Translate and DeepL.
    I don't want to make another attempt, because each one costs me several thousand characters, so I'm at a loss, because the translation order for this file is coming soon.

As I mentioned earlier, subsequent files I load are processed without error. I have not reached character limits in any used MT.

On the other hand, I understand that there is no chance to remove these files reporting the error all the time?

In the screenshot below you can see a list of five versions of the r03 file, three of which report an error.

Trados Studio project files list showing three r03 files with an error status and notifications panel with multiple error messages.

The other two have Translation status, but as you can see in the screenshot below, the pre-translation does not fill the right column of the workspace, despite attempts to manually restart the batch task of pre-translation.

Trados Studio workspace with a document open showing no pre-translation in the right column despite manual restart attempts.

In addition, as you can see in the next screenshot from the cloud panel, the file names have been changed there, and some of the files have been canceled, which is completely not reflected in either the names of the files pulled in form the cloud or their visibility in the list of Trados Studio 2022.

Trados cloud panel displaying a list of files with some r03 files marked as canceled and file names changed.

Finally, another screenshot from the Stages tab, where you can see three files with a processing error.

Stages tab in Trados showing three r03 files with a processing error highlighted.

Best regards,

Lech Lachowski

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:14 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
  •   

Have you checked the Task History tab to see more details regarding the error

Here You have information from Task history for the five files ended with error but I don't see if they can help in any way:

Trace ID: 908252b2-5a85-4599-92e5-9972282d1735_et_1906f5dc-7cb7-11ee-9d62-32324b80fffb

Name,Code,Value
    processTask,FileProcessingException,Unknown error

Trace ID: db1d6477-81fd-4099-a8ad-621d05f2a4c2_et_89062e30-79bc-11ee-b0f6-66ee7e323179

Name,Code,Value

Trace ID: fe5afeee-bbe2-4e37-b518-0d0d03efcc4f_et_a8a00b4a-79bb-11ee-82e4-b2ad0181bfe9

Name,Code,Value

Trace ID: 35af339e-e883-41a1-88a1-c725233c1a22_et_b13a1b75-79b9-11ee-82e4-b2ad0181bfe9

Name,Code,Value

Trace ID: 35af339e-e883-41a1-88a1-c725233c1a22_et_8125803e-7871-11ee-8e20-1ac96ce78450

Name,Code,Value

Best Regards,

Lech Lachowski

emoji
  • Hi Lech, I've created a case for this as we need to have the file you are using and try to replicate it. Have you tried to create a project only with the problematic file? We do prioritise customers who have a support contract so please keep in mind it could take up to 48 hours, especially over a weekend, but rest assured we will contact you as soon as we can. You will be contacted at the email address used for this Community. Support Case Id : 00825056 .

emoji
  •   

Thank you for the information and creating the support ticket.

Have you tried to create a project only with the problematic file?

Yes, I have tried to create another project and upload this file again, but always the processing ends with an error. But I will try one more time to copy-paste the content of the file into another file, rename it and upload it in new project. I will let You know the results after the weekend.

Best regards,

Lech Lachowski

emoji
  • Hi  , my colleague in Support will also confirm, but the issue is coming from the Amazon machine translation provider not the file, "Can't translate html with size 1021 for accountId XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and engineId en_pl_nmt. Amazon limit is 5000 bytes (approx 1000 characters, safest estimate)." So this should be checked with Amazon, or change the NMT provider, to Language Weaver for example and it should work. 

emoji
  • Hi   ,

I checked information from Your colleague and indeed the issue is related to the Amazon Translate service, but the problem lies with the current version of the cloud and the Amazon Translator Provider plug-in installed in the cloud.

Here is way I can blame the cloud plugins:

In fact as I removed Amazon Translate from the cloud engines and uploaded the file, it had been processed correctly. But then I ran another test and added the Amazon Translate plug-in to the cloud once again and the file also correctly added this engine and uploaded translations.

Then I ran a third test and removed all the engines from cloud template and added the Amazon Translate plug-in locally and once again loaded the file and also everything worked fine, so the problem occurs when the bigger files are processing by the engine set in the cloud template, because the local plug-in does not cause errors.

In addition, earlier (with an earlier version of the cloud) I uploaded double the peaks (about 12-14,000 words) and they were always processed without a problem. In addition, in AWS I have a paid account with an accrued bill per word, so it has no character or file size limitations.

Furthermore, I reported some time ago (Case No. 00816728) that the engines set up in the templates in the cloud did not translate at all (or actually translated from English to English) and the support team confirmed the problem. Apparently, still not all cloud plugins are working properly.

And then there's the issue of this file „r03...”, which I've already uploaded 7 times and can't even remove it from the list in the local application, which causes a nightmarish mess in the project and in Trados Studio 2022 I still get notifications of processing erros. It would really help if the cloud admin had an option to delete files from the project, because at the moment I can only create the new project, export the correct files and import them again, but the problem may recur, and performing such a time-consuming operation each time is a bit pointless. Can You delete for me all the files strarting from „r03...” from the project „The_Rust_Programming_Language_2nd_Edition”?

Best regards,

Lech Lachowski

emoji