segmentation rules

Hello,

during pre-translation, Trados divide into segments sentences with soft return but only for Romanian language. I checked on the TM the segmentation rules and all seems to be ok

Trados Studio segmentation rules dialog box with 'Full stop rule' and 'Other terminating punctuation' listed under 'Regole di segmentazione' for Romanian language.

But in trados I see the segmentation divides in 2. What can I do?

(Indesign source file)

InDesign source file showing a sentence 'DAL CUORE DELLE ALPI VERSO IL MONDO' with a soft return causing a line break.

(Trados segmentation)

Trados Studio segment view splitting the sentence 'DAL CUORE DELLE ALPI VERSO IL MONDO' into two segments at the soft return.

Thank you!

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:27 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

I just tested with an InDesign file (IDML) and also a Word file (DOCX)... IT  -> RO... everything looks ok and I used a TM:

Trados Studio interface showing a list of segments from an InDesign IDML file and a Word DOCX file with status indicators such as 'XRF+' and 'TOC'.

As usual nothing is that simple.  I can't work with INX as it's too old and I have no means to create such a file. I think I'd need CS4 or earlier.  So I'd be happy to test this with an INX if you have one, just to see if I can repro the issue.  But in all honesty even if I can I doubt this is a problem that would see the light of day in the development backlog as it's such an old filetype and we have other priorities that would probably block it.

Note I want to give you a realistic view on this problem rather than just tell you it's logged!  But send me the file anyway and at least I can see if it's even reproducible.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 8:59 AM (GMT 0) on 27 Feb 2024]
Children