Are there differences in XML 2 parser rules?

I'm having trouble with setting up the parser rules for the XML 2 file type filter in Trados Studio 2022.

I have the following XLF file, which I would like to parse based on the XML tags for simple replacement. Let's just treat it as a thought experiment Wink

Anyway, the file is detected properly, but I can't get the tags to work correctly. Here are the parsers I have set up:

Trados Studio Project Settings showing parser rules for XML tags with 'x-html-STRONG' treated as inline.

And the contents of the XLF file that I'm trying to get displayed:

Code snippet of XLF file contents with XML tags, including 'x-html-STRONG' for text emphasis.

I am trying to treat the <g> tags with the "x-html-STRONG" value for attribute "ctype" as inline, whereas the other g tags can simply be handled as structure. With the setting above, I would expect to get at least SOME text in my translation editor (e.g. "zu klein ausgelegter Motor"). But nothing is showing up at all.

I'm probably missing something very easy. Does anyone see what it is?

Thanks for any help!

EDIT with more information:

I created the same parser rules in Trados Studio 2021 using the XML Embedded Content filter and the following was output, which would be more in line with what I expected:

Translation editor in Trados Studio displaying text 'zu klein ausgelegter Motor' with 'g' tags as inline.

But of course, what I'm really aiming for is this:

Trados Studio 2021 Project Settings showing parser rules with 'x-html-STRONG' tags treated as inline.

Which actually ties into my question above: Differences between Embedded Content XML file types and XML 2. And also, why was the Embedded Content XML file type removed from Trados Studio 2022 anyway?

Thanks again for any info!

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 4:48 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • Thanks for all your help!! Slight smile

>>You keep mentioning the "Embedded Content Filetype" and I don't fully understand this.  You also have the ability to use embedded content with the XML2 filetype as well.  So I don't really understand your problem there.

Sorry for the confusion. We are within the Trados Studio / WorldServer dynamic. Until recently, we were using WS 11.3.5, which did not support XML 2 file types, so we've never really messed with creating them in Studio. Then we upgraded to a newer version of WorldServer in December that does support XML 2 (kind of, see here). So this is the first time I've ever really worked with XML 2 even though it's been around for a bit.

With this, I just want to make sure we are ahead of the curve whenever we do lose access to Studio 2021 and the ability to use the Embedded Content XML filter (see here, I've been busy on the forums today Yum).

Anyway, I'm sorted now. Thanks again for all your help, the link, and the explanation as well. Top as always! Slight smileThumbsup

emoji
Children
No Data