Disable a segmentation rule

Good morning,

When translating an html file, we're facing an issue with Trados Studio since it segments the bold parts that are between the tags <strong> and </strong>. Here is an example:

HTML:

HTML code snippet showing the word 'Robe' in bold between strong tags followed by 'Or pale seduisant aux subtils reflets argentes.'
Trados Studio interface highlighting the segmentation issue where 'Nez' is in bold between strong tags followed by 'la Cuvee Speciale Rose celebre le fruit frais avec subtilite et franchise.'

Trados:

Trados Studio translation grid showing segmented text with 'Robe' on one line and 'Or pale seduisant aux subtils reflets argentes.' on another line.
Trados Studio translation grid showing segmented text with 'Nez' on one line and 'la Cuvee Speciale Rose celebre le fruit frais avec subtilite et franchise.' on another line.

This has also happened previously with bold letters in the middle of a sentence or even in words. We don't have any segmentation rule in our memory that tells Trados to segment whenever a "</strong>" appears, so we can't delete it. How can we tell Trados to not segment whenever this tag appears? 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Noa

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:50 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • ok - with the TM you provided and the full file I see this:

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing text with HTML tags, no visible errors or warnings.

You must have some segmentation on your parser rules.  Your TM br rule is not doing anything because it's a tag.  If I don't use a TM at all I see this:

Identical screenshot of Trados Studio showing text with HTML tags, no visible errors or warnings.

So, can you share your filetype settings?

Screenshot of Trados Studio filetype settings with 'Export settings' button highlighted, no visible errors or warnings.

Mine is greyed because they are default.  If your is not greyed then you have made some changes there and this may be having some impact.  If they are greyed then can you tell us what version of the software you are working with?

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:51 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children