Trados Business Manager allows to sent e-mails right from with the program. Mail sender supports messages templates, which allows to compose messages much faster.
This feature is used in many cases, for example::
- to send generated invoices to your clients
- to send payment reminders to your clients
- to send job offers or confirmations to vendors
- to deliver projects to clients
To be able to send e-mails, it is needed to setup mailbox properties. You may use a many mailboxes as needed, while one e-mail account can be selected as default.
- Go to Reference data > E-mail accounts.
- Create new account by clicking New.
- Fill-in the opened form with your e-mail settings.
Here you provide sender name (what recipient will see in the From field), e-mail address, login (which is usually the same as e-mail address, password, SMTP server and port).
- Optionally, mark Require SSL check-box.
- Optionally, click Test connection button - application will try to connect to a provided SMTP server with your user name and password, and will display results of connection attempt for you.
You may get detailed information about these settings from your e-mail provider. Also, e-mail account editing form contains a hint with default settings for the most famous providers.