Sometimes, based on actions of different users or other factors, you may come to situations when in some reference data table you get to identical/similar entries. For example, two or more same language pairs. And deletion of such records isn't possible, because they are referenced somewhere in other entries. When you try to delete such reference data record, you get an error with the list of records which reference this entity. So, you can go manually through these records and change reference. However, you can also use a function which will automatically do that for you.
To replace references and delete duplicate, please follow this procedure:
- Open any reference data table and select a record which you want to delete.
- Click Find references and replace button on the toolbar.
- A modal dialog appears with the list of same reference data records. In this list, on the top, you will find ID of a record which you have selected. In this list, find a target record which should replace selected record. Since records can be absolutely identical, ID column could orient you to select correct target record (it should be different from source one):
- Click OK. You will see a message with the results of the operation:
- Now you can delete selected record.